Sunday, September 7, 2008

Diana Saves the Day

We had a completely magical, fun and regenerative trip, with the only low spot being that on day three my digital camera stopped working.

I recently purchased a Sony point-and-shoot with the objective of having something small and easy-to-carry-while-babywearing-up-steep-hills in San Francisco (our Canon SLR is awesome, but I have a hard time comfortably juggling it and the Kiddo on long outings). I was SO looking forward to capturing the color and unique beauty of the city, and I was just getting warmed up doing just that when the stupid camera went kaput.

I cannot tell you how frustrated and miserable I was! And so jealous of all the other tourists snapping away, right and left! I took the Sony to two different repair places, but both said that fixing it would run a hundred dollars or more and it would be days or weeks before I could get it back. Depressing. Luckily, we were having such a fantastic time that I was mostly able to forget about it. We bought a disposable camera for the must-have touristy pics next to the Golden Gate, and I pulled my trusty Diana camera out of the depths of my suitcase, where I had stashed it in case the opportunity to take random artsy atmospheric pictures arose.  

In fact, I ended up using the Diana every day for the rest of the trip, whilst crossing my fingers and hoping that some of the shots would turn out! Well, I just got the photos back from the lab this afternoon and it looks like we have a few keepers...


No comments:

Post a Comment