Thursday, December 3, 2009

The War on Kids vs. Delight-Driven Learning


I enjoyed this interview with the Cevin Soling, the Director of a new film, The War on Kids, that aired this week on The Colbert Report. I love Soling's observations about the brokenness of the school system, and the movie sounds like it will add a great dimension to the public debate over education.

While we're on the topic of school and learning, I wanted to share this video by Unschooling mom and activist Dayna Martin. Her words confirm for me the rightness of allowing kids to follow their interests and passions instead of forcing them into institutions to be educated. I love her phrase "delight-driven learning! What a positive alternative to the war on kids. (Via This Inspired Life).

No comments:

Post a Comment