Monday, March 21, 2011

recent favorite moments

It's been a while since I've posted about our daily goings-ons, and I have a ton of photos piling up on my phone, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite moments captured in recent weeks. The first photo, above, taken at the Temple of Dendur while visiting Abbey at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, is going to go down as one of my all-time proudest snapshots. I mean, srrsly! A perfect moment captured. Moving on...

Daffodils = Spring, yay!

1300717319297

Joanna took these next ones when she and Toby came over recently. With two chatterbox toddlers, tandem nursing is the only way I can get a word in edgewise ;)


My parents were in town last week, and we had so much fun with them. One highlight for the boys was making art at the
kitchen table with Papaw:

2011-03-16_20-20-09_473

2011-03-21_10-23-30_60

The painting above is by Walker. He has some major chops with the brush, am I right?

I spotted this old Singer sewing machine during a recent walk. It was sitting on the sidewalk in front of a junk shop. I was so tempted to buy it, but ended up just snapping a pic instead.


Toby and Walker in the sandbox.


Jackson and Walker on their favorite local race car.


A nice play of shadow and light from that visit to the MoMA I was telling you about.


Toddlerwearing + museumgoing :)

1300122237113

My bling-y nails. I am a hopeless manicure klutz. I absolutely cannot do my own nails to save my life, or at least that's what I thought until I tried these. LOVE. So easy and fun. I still can't make them look perfect, but at least there's no dry-time and they don't smell awful like regular polish.


Walker and I took my mom out to celebrate her birthday at Pure Food and Wine. It's one of our favorite restaurants -- everything there is so delicious that the fact that it's all entirely raw seems beside the point! This Classic Sundae was so good we ended up ordering an extra one.

DSC09647

Another day, another treat. This one is the soft serve sampler at Momofuku Milk Bar. The flavors? Candy Bar, Crack Pie, Grasshopper Pie, and Cereal Milk. It was hard to pick a favorite. I adore the fact that the sampler includes fun toppings, woot!


Mamaw outdid herself with the building of blanket forts while she was here.

1299960726260

A recent after-bath, naked-baby-romp.

IMG_7779

And this is how the boys nap.
They're so lucky to have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment