Monday, June 27, 2011

national velvet

I grabbed a DVD of National Velvet out of the sale bin at the bookstore the other day for $3.99.

I hoped that Jackson would love the classic tale of friendship, faith, determination, and girl-power as much as I did as a kiddo, but I underestimated the extent of his enthusiasm. He has watched it at least five times in the last week, and I keep overhearing him quoting dialogue when he and Walker are playing. Lest you think that he's solely taken with the story of Velvet Brown, Mi Taylor, The Pie and their improbable journey to the Grand National steeplechase, let me assure you that it has something more to do with being positively smitten with the young Elizabeth Taylor.

"Mom," he has said more than once, "Velvet is SOOO beYOOOtiful!!!"

His first movie-star crush?

No comments:

Post a Comment