Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Walk in the Park + The Belly (Week 24)

I can't believe I've missed a few weeks of belly updates already!  The time is really flying by.  How can it be the middle of May?!?  Well, we walked through the park on our way to dinner last night and Taro snapped a few pictures to serve as the Week 24 Belly Update.  Thanks, Hon!

I'm still feeling good and the baby is still partying away in there!  When our Midwife visited our home for our most recent prenatal, last Monday, we listened for the baby's heartbeat for the first time (using a stethoscope, as we have decided not to use a Doppler until it is necessary in labor, and we do not want to use ultrasound unless there is a medical indication that would make it useful) and the sound was faint but distinct.  The measurement of my belly was right on target, too, which is awesome because that means the baby's growth is progressing perfectly.  We even felt what we are pretty sure was the head, which was located just under my right ribcage (at the time the feet were kicking much lower down and towards my left side).

The Kiddo loves to rub my belly and he thinks the baby is a girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment