Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Guest Post: Julia from The Boo and The Boy on Rainbows

Note from Leigh: Due to the popularity of the recent posts by my bevy of amazing guest bloggers, I decided to start regularly featuring friends here on Marvelous Kiddo! SO, without further ado, please welcome back Julia from The Boo and The Boy:

Life can be hard sometimes. For my family and I, life has been hard since March of this year. March is when my husband got sick.

My husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor - a grade II benign meningioma. That day everything changed.

My husband had surgery to remove the tumor, 10 days after its discovery. Unfortunately, my husband underwent 37 radiation treatments because the surgery didn't remove everything. September 27 marked his last treatment. YAY!

Life has been unbelievably stressful but we've made it this far. We have two small children (4 and 2) who have helped keep us sane and in positive spirits through all this. We enjoy every day that we have together as a family and we try not to sweat the small stuff because life's just too damn short.

On my blog, I post about my two biggest passions - my family and interior design (mainly kid's rooms). In this post for Leigh, I've written a bit about my family and now I'd like to show you some kid's rooms. I chose a 'rainbow' theme for the photos below since my husband and kids are the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

1

4

6

7

8

9

10

Photo sources, top to bottom: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment