Monday, May 2, 2011

Bill Cunningham New York

Photobucket
Last night I joined up with Abbey and Samantha and went to see this amazing documentary at the IFC Center. I have been a fan of the legendary street-style photographer, Bill Cunningham, for ages but I knew very little about his life or the stories behind his art. Well, this flawless film painted a riveting portrait not just of Mr. Cunningham, but also of the New York and Paris of the last 40 years.

It was so captivating and moving, it made me laugh and cry and I truly didn't want it to end. I left feeling utterly inspired by Cunningham's singular talent, devotion to his craft, and incredible commitment to personal integrity. The fact that the story happens to be focused on the world of street fashion is just icing on the cake.

I cannot recommend the film highly enough. I'll be purchasing it on DVD and referencing it again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment