Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Seven Random Things About Me...


A while back I was Tagged by the marvelous Leigh @ Create, and I am finally getting around to doing this fun meme.  Thanks Leigh!

The rules:
Link to your tagger and list the rules
List 7 random facts about yourself
Tag 7 people (and make sure you check back and see what they say!)
If you're tagged, play along and pass it on!

So here are 7 random things about me...

1.  Although I am not a vegetarian, and I love to cook, I have never cooked any kind of meat.

2.  When I was 13, I won a national competition to design the logo for a t-shirt advertising the National Geographic Geography Bee.  My design was worn by hundreds of kids who made it to the finals of the Bee that year and I was profiled in National Geographic WORLD Magazine. Coincidentally, I also competed in the Geography Bee and was amongst the top 100 state finalists two years in a row.  

3.  My least favorite food is raw celery.  

4.  I witnessed the home birth of my little sister.  I was nine years old.

5.  As a kid, I was a classically trained pianist: I took lessons for 13 years, entered piano festivals and competitions, attended piano camp every summer, performed a very formal solo "senior recital" when I was 17, and as a teen I was paid to accompany the choir at my church.  I listened exclusively to classical music until I was about 14, at which time I fell hard for the album August and Everything After by Counting Crows and became obsessed with pop music.  I rarely play piano anymore, and I haven't listened to Counting Crows in eons (has anyone?).

6.  I have, on more than one occasion, shaved my head.

7.  The farthest I have ever traveled from home is Bucharest, Romania.  I went there in 2001 to visit T when he was on location for a film.

I tag...

Madeline @ My Boy and Me
Jennifer @ Gardenymph

Thanks ya'll, and have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment