Thursday, February 5, 2009

Add This To The Pantheon of Simple but Great Ideas That I Wish I Had Thought Of

Check out this awesome project documenting little Gavin's first year, as described by his mom, Traci on her blog:  
These photos represent each day of Gavin's first year of life - 367 to be exact since 2008 was a leap year and his first birthday is included as well. Not long before Gavin was born, I got the crazy idea of taking Gavin's photo every day of his first year. Wouldn't it be neat, I thought, to be able to someday show Gavin a photo from each day during his most formative year. Never again in our lives do we develop and grow so much in just one year so this seemed to be the perfect way to capture the changes.
Now isn't that genius?  I know we all document the heck out of our children's lives, but I just love the extra twist of formality -- the conscious creation of a visual calendar of development.  Plus, the final result looks so cool!  Click here to see another version of the Gavin photo project, presented as an actual calendar.  Via Ohdeedoh.

No comments:

Post a Comment