Friday, October 30, 2009

Let The Wild Rumpus Start!

Happy Halloween, kids ;)

After a couple of days of basically abandoning my blog, I've done it -- I finished J's costume!

This was the first time I've done any such elaborate sewing project, my model was very finicky about letting me fit him, and I was following a YouTube video for instructions, so it's definitely a little wonky. But hopefully the imperfections will just add to the charm. I also made a crown and scepter, so I'll have to post photos later of the whole get-up.

As I was sewing, I randomly hearkened back to one of my favorite episodes of The Cosby Show. Remember in Season 1, when novice designer Denise offered to help Theo out by sewing him a copy of a Gordon Gartrelle shirt so he could impress his girlfriend? Hilarity inevitably ensued:



When I watched that scene tonight I think I laughed just as hard as I ever did when Theo ran in and screamed "DENISE!!!" Awesome.

Anywho, I hope J doesn't look quite as wack when he tries on his Max costume to go Trick-or-Treating! I'll keep you posted.

While we're on the topic, what are you doing for Halloween? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment