Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sakura Bloom Triathlon: Interview Question 2

How is your personality reflected in your parenting style?

I am an intensely inquisitive person. I love to read, research, and explore. I am in a constant state of Wanting To Gain Knowledge. When it comes to parenting, I have an even stronger sense of inquiry -- I devour books, articles, and blogs on pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, parenting, and education. I strive to constantly learn more about these topics for the benefit of my children, as well as to understand myself on a deeper level, and (hopefully!) become a better, wiser parent.

This trait also leads me not only to encourage my son's own sense of inquiry, but to relish being by their sides as they explore the world for themselves. I am inspired by watching my boys absorb new ideas and information, and I feel privileged to be able to facilitate that learning process each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment