Monday, October 5, 2009

Me, Solo...Plus Two Little Men

My mother flew home to Mississippi yesterday, after a six-week stay in our apartment in NYC. It was a wonderful visit (I'll post more about it soon) and the time flew by. While she was here mom cooked, cleaned, shopped, did our laundry, not to mention all the bouncing of a couple of babies on her knee! We all loved having her in our home and I don't know how I would have made it through the last month without her, so today was a real moment of truth: my first day alone with both kids while Taro was away at work. I admit I have looked forward to this milestone with a mixture of excitement and trepidation.

Well, we got off to a strong, early start by leaving home with Taro when he set off for the office. We went straight to the nearest playground, J in his stroller and W in the Didymos. J went for the sandbox and happily occupied himself there for a couple of hours...
while on a nearby bench W snoozed and nursed in the wrap...
It was a beautiful morning and I enjoyed soaking up the warm sunshine, but I'll admit what with all that sleeping and digging, I got a little bored. So I did a mini photoshoot of my new mani-pedi...
It's a new-to-me color (Hardy Water Lily) and brand, Priti, which is all non-toxic!

Anyhoo, then it was on to the swings where I took a couple of cell-phone self-portraits with the kiddos...
Later, we had a nice lunch and were treated to a surprise visit from our old friend, Donisha, who read a couple of books to us...
This was us moments after Donisha left:
After all that fun, we were toast:)

All in all it was a great day, and I am now confident of my ability to manage on my own when outnumbered by children. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment