Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wellness


I was dealing with a cold all last week, and although my symptoms were mild, it was the first time I had come down with something since becoming the mother of two. Dealing with even the slightest sniffle/sore throat got me to thinking about the paramount importance of staying healthy when one is outnumbered by children! Everything was harder and a bit miserable last week, even with such a mild affliction, and I couldn't get over fretting that I would make one of my babies sick.

Fortunately, further illness has been averted in our home for the time being, but I can't help worrying about the season ahead. Every time I turn around I hear about another friend or acquaintance coming down with H1N1! I am no fan of vaccines, so you won't see us lining up for this year's flu shot.

When I felt my symptoms coming on last week, I started to refrain from eating dairy and sugar, I washed my hands more religiously than usual, I drank lots of water, orange juice, and herbal tea, I consumed lots of brothy soup (my favorite: miso), and I took homeopathic remedies from Boiron.

Reflecting on my tactics for healing, I started to wonder about my readers: I'm curious, what do you do to stay well, or to regain wellness? Leave a comment on this post to share your wellness wisdom. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment