Thursday, March 25, 2010

Boycotting Nestle: Updated Post

I have to admit that although I had heard of the Nestle Boycott, I had kind of intentionally pushed it to my peripheral awareness because I didn't want to deal with it. I didn't want to acknowledge that there is this evil giant corporation out there causing babies to die, that uh, just so happens to also be the corporation that makes some of my favorite brands. Then I saw this video on PhD in Parenting, and I decided to face the facts. I listened to Jessica Gottlieb's case for the Boycott, and then I did a little more research online, and then I admitted it to myself: I have to boycott Nestle. Last night, when I went to pick up groceries, I didn't pick up any Pellegrino. I survived.

What are you going to do?

Update: I just found an enormously informational post on the blog, Peaceful Parenting, concerning this issue. It contains a documentary made by UNICEF, called Formula For Disaster, that clearly and powerfully exposes the illegal, unethical, and dangerous marketing strategies of the infant formula industry in the Philippines. Check it out, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment