Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome, Spring. You're a Sight For Sore Eyes.


NYC is sparkling with Spring this weekend, and it is such a joy to have all the windows our home open, and to go outside in shirtsleeves. I am nursing W in our sunny, warm bedroom as I write this, and we are enjoying the opera music that one of our neighbors is blasting from their apartment. Life is good.

I hope you're relishing your weekend, too!

Here are some links for your spare time:

Babywearing is safe. However, some slings and positions are not. In the wake of the Consumer Safety Product Commission warning about baby carriers, it is important to educate yourself about the proper way to babywear, and this Special Report from Mothering Magazine is a great resource. Also, tune in for Mothering's live streaming radio show on Monday, March 22nd, that is set to feature an expert panel discussing safe babywearing.


The next time I need to send out evites, I'll definitely use these amazing Lisa Rupp designs for Pingg. Seriously, how cute are they? And free, hello!

This amazing site is full of free birth videos. What an incredible resource for education and birthy inspiration.

Actress Sarah Shahi talks to People Magazine about her home birth experience.

This last link isn't just a link. I was so blown away by this lecture about unschooling by Astra Taylor that I decided to embed it right here on the blog. Don't let the length of this clip deter you (yes, it is over an hour long!). If you are interested in unschooling, or education in general, I urge you to watch this (or put it on and just listen while you do something else). So much of what Astra talks about resonates with me, and her experiences growing up are incredibly similar to mine. If you do take the time to listen, please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment