Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Midwifery Modernization Act

Friends, I have been remiss in posting timely updates on the situation regarding the legality of home birth in New York. I just received an email from my homebirthing friend, Nancy, alerting me that a very important piece of legislation is actually coming up for vote today at 11:30 am! The Midwifery Modernization Act, if passed, will eliminate the need for midwives to have Written Practice Agreements with MD's, therefore enabling them to freely attend to their clients without having to bow to their competitors. I am sorry to be posting this at the last minute, but if you can take a moment to call one or more of the following lawmakers to express your support of the MMA, that would be a huge help!

Thank you for supporting a woman's right to give birth where she chooses, with the care provider she prefers!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment