Sunday, June 6, 2010

Time Flies

I snapped this photo on our roof tonight, as my nephew, Finn, set a party balloon free.

I never got around to posting a weekend links post, did I? I had very good intentions, but things got pretty busy, and the next thing I knew...the weekend was over already!

Today we threw a little celebration in honor of J's 3rd birthday, which is coming up on June 11.

The festivities got me thinking about how fast the time is flying by -- how quickly my babies are growing up. Tonight I feel a little bit of that Mama wistfulness.

Just three years ago I had yet to give birth! Now I have a son who loves films and books and maps and dancing and running and climbing and basketball and pizza and saying big new words like "essentially" and "Greenland".

It's a lot to comprehend, as a mother. Exciting and sweet and sad, all at the same time.

And it's days like today that just make me want to be still and observe every moment and every milestone and somehow preserve them forever before they're gone!

But it doesn't matter how many photos I take, or how many notes I write down, or how many blog posts I post. I can't hang on to this.

So: I am reminded to be more present. More still. To give my boys as much love and attention as I can, every day. To cherish their fleeting childhoods.

'Cause time really does fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment