Wednesday, July 23, 2008

adventure / visit

This morning the Kiddo and I got on a plane and headed to my parent's house in Mississippi for a long-overdue visit. T is spending the latter part of this week out of town on work, so we thought this would be an ideal time for the Kiddo and me to get out of the city and have a little adventure of our own.

This is the first time that the Kiddo has been to the town where I grew up, and there are many things to do and people to see! After we arrived this afternoon, we got straight to the important things: eating some home-cooked vegetarian soul food, playing our hearts out on my old baby grand piano, taking a dip in the kiddie pool, and napping.

My parent's little house is not the one I grew up in (they've only lived here for a few years) but I absolutely love it! It is so cozy and sweet -- a perfect grandparent's pad. Here are some photos of the place, and the Kiddo having a time in it...

...more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment