Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fabulous Home Birth Mom of the Day: Charlotte Church

Singer Charlotte Church is expecting a baby and planning to have a second home birth. The British recording artist and her partner, Gavin Henson, welcomed their first child, Ruby, in a home birth last September. The two have been outspoken proponents of home birth, breastfeeding, and co-sleeping.

In an interview published here, the two spoke of the experience of giving birth to Ruby at home:

“The midwives were amazing – they put everything in the wash, put me in the shower and put my pyjamas on me, then me and Gav got into bed and they brought the baby to us in bed, and said now we can phone everyone.”

Her rugby player partner Gavin added: “The midwife called me when the baby was just coming out and to see that was amazing. You don’t know what people are talking about unless you’ve been a part of it.

“I had so much more respect and so much more love for Charlotte after what she’d just been through. I cut the cord.

“I was just so relieved that the baby looked really healthy. I checked everything and she looked beautiful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment