Wednesday, October 15, 2008

If You Don't Know Your Options, You Don't Have Any

I just got this flyer about a great free event for expectant parents in NYC, and I want to share it with my readers:

The mission of Choices in Childbirth is to improve maternity care by providing the public, especially childbearing women and their families, with the information necessary to make fully informed decisions relating to how, where, and with whom they will give birth.  At the October meeting the topic will be...

IS IT EVER TO LATE TO SWITCH CARE PROVIDER AND/OR BIRTH SETTING DURING PREGNANCY?

There are a variety of reasons for expectant parents to change care provider and/or birth setting during pregnancy. There are also a lot of reasons why they would find switching difficult:

"I already have a relationship with my current provider" or "It's too late in my pregnancy" or "I don't feel comfortable 'firing' my care provider" or "My provider knows what's best for me."

In this month's meeting these important question will be explored and resources will be available that may help you make your decision.

The meeting will feature guest speakers, both care providers and new mothers who will share their choices and experiences.

The session is hosted by Metro Minis.

DATE: Thursday October 30th 2008, 6:15-8:30PM

LOCATION: Metro Minis, 821 Park Avenue (75th Street)

GUEST SPEAKERS: A midwife and two new mothers.

RSVP is appreciated (laure@choicesinchildbirth.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment