Monday, October 27, 2008

Worst Date Movie Ever

Last night T and I had the all-too-rare treat of a date night, and we opted to go see Changeling. I was eager to see Ms. I-Breastfeed-Proudly-On-the-Cover-of-W-Magazine Jolie's latest performance, especially with the Oscar buzz she's been getting.  T was like (and I paraphrase), "Clint Eastwood, woot!".  

We were pretty oblivious to the subject matter of the flick.  Well, as it turns out, it's basically a full-on horror movie, based on a true story. Which is not to say it wasn't magnificently made or wonderfully performed.  As T so aptly put it as we sat, shell-shocked, through the closing credits; "that was the best movie I ever hated."

The themes were important, as it dealt with the disempowerment of women and government corruption.  The heroine was inspiring, as she endured unimaginable circumstances courageously and with an impressively tenacious spirit, all while sticking it to the Man.  Angelina looks as smashing in a straitjacket as she does a cloche.  

Other than that, the movie gave me a headache and a stomachache. Have you seen it?

No comments:

Post a Comment