Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beautiful DIY Idea of the Day

I just ran across this incredible project on the lovely blog, Poetic Home, and it stopped me in my tracks!

Grace Light decided to offer her husband an unusual and heartfelt homemade gift for their recent wedding anniversary:  
"This is an antique wooden library card catalog box that now will hold the chapters of our relationship and life together. I created faux Dewey Decimal catalog cards, where the book number is replaced by milestone dates, chapters of our love overwrites book titles, and important locations substitute publisher cities. One day, when we are both old and wrinkled, I hope we will be able to fill the box completely with our life’s chapters together."
Isn't that the coolest idea for a gift/project that you've heard in a while?  I love the old-fashioned romance of it.  To read more about the project, go here.  Also, find a detailed DIY here.

No comments:

Post a Comment