Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Brought My Breasts, They Had the Rest

Today my mom, W and I visited one of my favorite shops in the world, The Upper Breast Side. I was overdue for a bra fitting and a couple of new nursing bras -- turns out that breastfeeding a toddler and a newborn has caused my once b-cupped boobs to go into overdrive and (not to put too fine a point on it) in the last few weeks I have been having trouble stuffing them into my old nursing bras and tanks.

Once the skilled and delightful sales woman had assessed the situation, we learned that I am now sporting 34G's. That's right, I said "G", as in "gigantic."

So, needless to say, I needed a new boob wardrobe. Over the course of an hour or so the staff helped me to select the best bras for me, and I left feeling much better and a million times more supported.

I love that store! Although it is just a tiny, two-room space, it is truly one of the most unique and wonderful boutiques I have ever frequented, with an amazing staff that is so helpful with all things lactation-related. If you live in New York, or plan to visit, and you have babies and boobs, you must visit The Upper Breast Side. Read a great article about the store and its charismatic owner, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment