Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We Made It

Well, we arrived in Mississippi last night, none the worse for the wear. I could use a massage though, seriously!

Low points of the travel day: Wrestling with (and cursing while) installing car seats in the car that took us to the airport, on the hottest day of the year. A sad, hard goodbye with Taro, and the subsequent enormous toddler meltdown while going through security at Laguardia. The continued freakout while at the gate. The epic projectile vomit (surprisingly large considering how small a guy W is!) upon takeoff from Detroit. The fact that we even had a layover in Detroit (why oh why are there no direct flights to Mississippi from NYC?!?!?) Not having the opportunity to use the restroom from 9:30 am-6:15 pm.

High points of the travel day: The TSA agents, Delta employees, and fellow passengers that came to my aid throughout the day. The fact that not a single stranger said anything but kind words to us, even in the midst of the meltdown/tantrum ruckus. The lady that smiled at me and said she wanted to give me a hug, which made me cry (note; me bursting into tears at these sympathetic words? Not a high point). The part when a TSA guy came over to me -- 20 minutes after we went kicking and screaming through security -- my laptop in his hands, asking, "is this yours?" (I'll just go ahead and count that as a high point, even though I almost had a heart attack at the time). Watching movies on my laptop to pass the time in the air. Landing in Mississippi. Hugging Mamaw and Papaw!

More on our trip soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment