Thursday, July 29, 2010

Weekend

Photo: Beach Ghosts by Brian Auer

I'm feeling that late-summer melancholy setting in already. How can it be the end of July? We still have many summery adventures before us, not the least of which will be another weekend beach jaunt which begins today. Still, I have a sense that time is speeding up now -- that I won't have enough time to collect all those seashells or run through those playground sprinklers or lay in the grass in Central Park before the weather turns and I'm bundling up in layers and crunching through leaves. Don't get me wrong -- I love Autumn, but I don't love the wistfulness that comes with the fleeting Summertime month of August. It feels like a bittersweet, speeded-up month to me.

So here's to the last hurrah of July. I hope you have a wonderful weekend -- I'd love to know what you're up to and how you're making the most of your summer!

Also, here are a few links I've been meaning to share...

For fun: This post captures the essence of summer.

For amazement: A microscopic comparison of human breastmilk, infant formula, and cow's milk.

For thought: A refutation of the common pregnancy rhetoric of "all that matters is a healthy baby and a healthy mommy"

No comments:

Post a Comment