Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Making of a Miniature Fashionista

Yesterday the Kiddo and I met up with Uncle Angel for a trip to Soho. The mission was to find the Kiddo's first pair of real shoes, to go with the outfit we're creating for the Our Time Gala (so far the outfit consists of an insanely cute miniature linen Sean John suit with pocket square which we picked up last week at the discount store Daffy's). Angel is my fashion soul mate, and we always love a good reason to shop, and what could be a better reason to shop than to assemble the fly threads for the Kiddo's first big social extravaganza?!? When I spotted the little suit at Daffy's, Angel immediately envisioned it styled with classic shell-toe Adidas sneaks and t-shirt or hoodie. Well, we headed straight for the Adidas store yesterday, and this is what we scored:
I can barely take the cuteness! You should see them on the Kiddo! OMG. I'm going to try to be good and withhold more pictures of the outfit until we have it all together and then I'll post a big reveal, but I just couldn't resist posting a pic of the shoes.

Meanwhile, the Adidas store is so fun! I had to take a photo of this painted wingback chair in their showroom, because I've been contemplating doing something similar with a thrift-store chair I picked up a while ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment