Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Flowers

I decided to splurge and buy a couple of mixed bouquets at the corner deli on Friday. For no good reason other than that I wanted to, I bought two bunches of baby roses (one yellow, one coral-orange, priced at two bunches for ten dollars) and a mixed bouquet of gerbera daisies, carnations, assorted greenery, etc.

Once home I broke out an assortment of vases and containers, and with a set of scissors I went to town on the flowers, breaking them up and re-arranging them to suit myself. I then proceeded to spread them around the apartment...kitchen, bathrooms, dining table, bedroom.

Two days later the posies still look glorious and it's amazing how much they've brightened our weekend. This might sound funny, but having flowers around has actually inspired me to go the extra mile when it comes to keeping the place nice. Instead of leaving a pile of papers strewn across the table, I've straightened it up and put them away. Instead of letting the top of my dresser go to seed, I've kept everything inside the top drawer. It's as if the flowers are there not just to be pretty and refreshing in their own right but to remind me that I can do little things to keep the equilibrium at home. It has been nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment