Thursday, April 3, 2008

Slings are the New Shoes

With the birth of the Kiddo came a new obsession for me: Babywearing. In the last nine months, my preferred method of getting around town/across the country with the little guy has been with him on me, not in a stroller or in a carseat. As a result, I have amassed quite the collection of carriers...I have a Babyhawk mai tai, a Didymos wrap, a Hotsling, a New Native sling, a Maya Wrap ring sling, a Baby Bjorn, and an Ergo carrier. Despite this already impressive selection, I still manage to get all worked up with desire when I see something I don't have. In much the same way that I used to flip when sighting the *perfect* shoe to add to my wardrobe, now I go gaga for babywearing accoutrements!

On that note, *sigh* with me over the adorability of the Beco Butterfly in Etsuko Furuya "Cameron" fabric. Available at Metrominis.

No comments:

Post a Comment