Thursday, January 15, 2009

How I Feel About My Readers...

I just want to send a huge, overflowing "Thank You" to everyone who left such sweet and excited messages for me (and T and the Kiddo) yesterday.  I am so very moved and grateful for the kind of support, love, and happiness that was expressed as we announce the beginning of a new journey.  

I am in awe of the power of the blogging medium to connect people and create community and I feel so fortunate to have stumbled on such a lovely little corner of the internet where old friends and complete strangers alike can find one another and bond over a shared love of raising babies and enjoying beautiful things.  Whether I've known you for years or just heard from you for the first time, I want to say "Thanks" for being here with me and sending me your love.  It is felt and appreciated, and I love you right back :)

Now for more on what's going on with me:

I am about seven and a half weeks pregnant, making me due at the end of August (woo hoo, here comes a long, hot, big-bellied summer in the City!).  I hesitated to blog about my pregnancy so early, but it has been difficult to think about anything else to blog about!  I'm already reading (new-to-me) books about pregnancy and childbirth and I want to be able to share as I go along.  

Physically, I'm feeling pretty well, all things considered.  I am one of the lucky few who seems to get off fairly easy in the nausea and vomiting department of the First Trimester.  So far, I've just felt tired for the most part and I LOVE to sleep and stay curled up in the bed if possible. This has led to more watching of Sesame Street on YouTube with the Kiddo than I would like to admit, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.  

We plan to have another home birth.

The Kiddo is doing great, perhaps buoyed by his sudden awareness of all things Big Bird and Elmo.  He is really obsessed with babies right now, and insists on referring to everyone that is his age and younger as a "bibi" (I'm viewing that as a hopeful sign that he is taking well to the news that we're having a baby).  Really, it's all too much for him to grasp right now when I tell him there's a baby in mama's belly, and who could blame him?  It kind of blows my mind too.

Stay tuned.  I hope to update soon...

Word art by Castle, via Desire to Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment