Friday, January 16, 2009

Inauguration

Official, Limited Edition Inaugural Poster, designed by Shepard Fairey.  Available here.

Back in November, I posted about deciding to go to DC for Obama's Inauguration.  Well, I can't believe the time is here already!  We leave for DC tomorrow evening (we're taking Amtrak) and will return on Wednesday. 

I'm sure we're in for quite and adventure, especially since I'm now not only planning to be at this event with a toddler, but I'm knocked up, to boot ;)

T's mother, Riki, has graciously (and probably very wisely!) decided to stay at her house with the Kiddo while we traipse around in the cold trying to see something historic with our own eyeballs.  Depending on my level of nausea/tiredness on Tuesday I might end up deciding to stay home as well, but at this point I intend to be strong and summon all my fortitude for OBAMA!  

I haven't had the kind of week that lent itself to finding all sorts of juicy links for your weekend -- too much time has been spent napping -- but I did run across this beautiful and moving letter written by Barack Obama to his daughters that I thought would be the perfect note to leave you on as I head to Washington to see him become the 44th President of the United States.   I urge you to read it, and let me know what you think:

No comments:

Post a Comment