Sunday, January 25, 2009

A New Rhythm

Well, it seems that just shy of five hundred posts, my hitherto (mostly) prolific blog has slowed to a trickle of updates.

The reason is no mystery:  I no longer seize the Kiddo's naptime as prime time to blog.  I no longer stay up after he has gone to sleep at night, in order to post.  I no longer wake up 30 minutes to an hour before he does in the morning to get the requisite overview of the Internet as research and inspiration for my blog.  

What do I do instead?  I sleep.

Turns out that this whole gestating a person while raising a toddler is pretty exhausting.

My hat is off to parents who are outnumbered by their children.

But the fact that I am tired is only part of it.  I also must admit that when the Kiddo has fallen asleep cuddled to my breast, I would rather lay there and enjoy the sweetness than get up and go about being "productive".  Apparently, along with this pregnancy I have developed a heightened sense of the fleeting nature of these moments that exist between just the two of us.  

And I want to savor them.

So dear readers, I ask you to bear with me while I find a new/different blogging rhythm that is compatible with my newfound sentimentality-laced fatigue.  

Thank you for your patience!

Photo found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment