Monday, March 23, 2009

Cara Muhlhahn Profiled in New York Magazine

On newsstands and online today, check out the provocative feature article in New York Magazine about home birth midwife Cara Mulhahn.  I was a client of Cara's during my first pregnancy and I am quoted (and pictured in labor) in the article.  Reported by Andrew Goldman, the lengthy story takes a look at the woman who has risen to the forefront of the newest wave of home birth activism, having been featured in 2007 film, The Business of Being Born, and recently releasing her own juicy memoir, Labor Of Love, about life in the midwifery trenches.  

The photo above is by my friend Liz Rubincam and is featured in the article along with several more of her amazing shots.

Read the story here and leave a comment on this post letting me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment