Saturday, March 14, 2009

Zonked

Just thought I'd share the best Kiddo photo-op of the last week.  This nap happened today at Whole Foods, where the Kiddo likes to eat lunch on Saturdays.  He was actually really hungry, and from his perch in the front of the shopping cart he had pointed out a plethora of things that he wanted to add to our salad bowl (his favorite thing right now is the bowtie pasta with tuna, which he can eat in ungodly amounts).  As we were standing in the snaking checkout line, he started to nod off, and I was trying my darnedest to talk to him and entertain him into alertness.  Needless to say, my efforts were in vain, because as soon as my attention was directed towards the cashier and I was paying for our food he bit the dust.  When I turned around he was arrayed thusly (notice the limp hand still clutching the side of the cart):

It was hilarious looking, but clearly he was comfortable and completely relaxed, because he didn't budge for the better part of an hour, snoozing away even when I propped his face up with the makeshift pillow that was my scarf (which you see in the top photo).  

People were smiling and giggling and commenting the whole time I ate my lunch -- the sleeping Kiddo was quite the attraction!  Finally, after a rather lonely meal all to myself I decided to extract him from the cart and carry him out of the store in the Ergo.  Even then, he didn't flinch, and continued his peaceful snooze until we were well on our way and on to other errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment