Friday, January 15, 2010

Baby Cuddles: Back By Popular Demand!

Oh, you wonderful readers! Ever since my last baby cuddles post my inbox has runneth over with more amazing images, leaving me with no choice but to do a follow-up! I think this has the makings of a regular feature, so keep those photos comin'.

Today's first photo, above, was sent in by Paige from the awesome blog, I Heart You. Here's what paige said: "Here is my most recent favorite picture of my husband and 4 month old son taken on Christmas morning at our neighborhood park." Paige, both of those boys are too cute for words, and that hat is off-the-charts adorable.

This week of entries was very strong on daddy-baby cuddles, like this one, from my good friend Corie, which shows an achingly sweet cuddle between her husband and son...
...and this one, sent in by Coralissa, that captures the fun of a Hawaiian beach snuggle shared by her husband and son...
...AND this one, send in by Tanya, which shows a heart-melting daddy-daughter moment...
Not to be outdone in the cuddly-cuteness department, those same three moms also sent gorgeous photos of themselves with their babies, and I have to say, they give those adorable dads a run for their money! Here are Corie, Coralissa, and Tanya, in that order:
I even got a couple of submissions showing sweet baby-grandparent cuddles, too! The first one is from my blog-friend Rebecca:
Rebecca wrote, "I have to send along this photo of my dad, "Papa" to his grandkids, loving on his newest grandbaby Noah. You can just barely see the sling in this shot. I love seeing my folks wearing Noah in the sling--I think it's adorable. Papa is a baby man. He'll pick up babies and walk and sway for hours so mommies get a break. It's not just his own grandchildren either--he'll borrow any baby at church if it's mama will let go for a minute. LOL. He's the best grandpa ever. I like the contrast of my dad's grizzled 61 year old cheek against the Noah's precious baby skin."

And this next one is from Coralissa. It shows baby Nainoa having a tender snuggle with his grandmother in Hawaii on the last morning of their recent visit, before heading home to Las Vegas:
Moving back to mama-baby beauty, I was loving these two pics from Amber, who shared these words: "Here are 2 of my favorite cuddling photos of me and my little Axel River. The first is the day after he was born. He was so fresh and new. I had him at home, which was so special, so we had our snuggle time on our own sofa. Photo #2: Axel was born in the cull (his amniotic sack did not break). So, we gave him a water middle name. We also love the Yuba River near our home which is what he is named for. This is a photo of me and Axel at 'his' river when he was 4 months old."
Marvelous Kiddo reader, Katie, sent in the following three photos:
"My son, Ben, has Down syndrome and was recently diagnosed with Autism as well. He is eight now, and these pictures of him are very close to my heart...I would love to tell you his birth story someday, but for now I will just say that he was very close to death when he was born, was not expected to recover, let alone breastfeed. He was my first and I was green, naive, and VERY stubborn. Even in the NICU I insisted on trying, even though the nurses were sadly shaking their heads at me and his poor muscle tone. He was released after 21 days, and after 2 months of pumping for him, he and I finally had a successful latch with the help of a LLL leader. He nursed happily for 17 months, and I can honestly say it was one of the most triumphant periods of my life. He is now a sweet, cuddly boy with a strong healthy body and a great spirit. He has many challenges, but we can't imagine life without our little man. He's taught us so much."

I love that last photo of Ben with one of his siblings, and it provides a great segue to two more of my favorites from this week, both showing sibling love as expressed through cuddles:
Thank you to Marcela and Ariella for sharing those precious sibling snuggles with us.

I can't wait to check my inbox for more sweetness this week! XOXO, Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment