Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm Back + Thank You

Photo via Flickr

I'm so sorry it's been two days since my last post, and I left on such a dark note! It's been a wild week for my family. My sister is on the mend, although she is still in the hospital. Thank you ever so much for the positive thoughts and wishes and healing prayers and love you have sent in her direction. I know they are helping! I think she will be going home soon, and will keep you updated on her progress, for sure.

Meanwhile, I've been feeling the wind removed from my blogging sails -- coupled with a desire to get out of the apartment and be active and breathe fresh air with my baby boys. Yesterday we went to the playground for the first time in about two months, and it was lovely. Afterwards, we walked to one of my favorite lunch spots on the Upper West Side, Peacefood Cafe, where I indulged in some yummy vegan morsels (the boys had fallen asleep by the time we got there in the stroller and ring sling, respectively, so I had the treat of what felt like a peaceful meal to myself. And it was so delicious...I totally splurged and warmed up from the cold with a decaf latte made with homemade nutmilk, sweetened with agave nectar -- heaven!)

Photo via Peacefood Cafe

When I finished eating, the guys were still snoozing, so I went around the corner to Barnes and Noble. With two Christmas gift cards burning holes in my pocket, I made some exciting selections. Soon the boys were awake and J got into the act, picking up three books that he just had to have. It was so much fun to buy a stack of books! I can't remember the last time I did that. This is what we got (can you guess who picked out what?):

Hmmm...I wonder ;P

Today, it's snowing outside and we have lots of new reading materials, so I can't wait to dive in.
What are you reading these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment