Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bloggers Day of Action: Spotlight on Haitian Artist Marithou Dupoux

My research for this post led me to the powerful work of Marithou Dupoux and I knew I would have to feature it here. I was immediately captivated by the energy and originality of these ceramic sculptures that were shown in a recent exhibit in Haiti. Read more about this celebrated artist, here.

These images are via Frederic Dupoux's (Marithou Dupoux's son) captivating blog. Follow Frederic on Twitter for updates from the disaster area. His observations are riveting and heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to him, his mother, and their community.




I hope you will join the blogging community in raising attention and aid for those who have been affected by the earthquake. Check out all of the posts from the Blogger's Day of Action, and don't forget to bid on the auction items. Here are the participating blogs:

...and more to come...

For more ways to help, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment