Friday, May 28, 2010

Gisele's Blog

I just discovered that Gisele Bündchen, supermodel-turned-home-birthing-lactivist, has a blog! Moreover, it is full of great posts from Gisele and others on topics ranging from bio-diversity to the history of birth, the profound importance of the birth environment, and the importance of breastfeeding. Here's an excerpt from one of Gisele's recent posts:
"I’ve always believed that to be a mom is the greatest responsibility a woman could have in her life. I’ve noticed a lot of meaningful changes in my life taking place together with a huge transformation of my priorities. The most important thing to me is to be the best mom ever to my children. I want to love them, to communicate with them, to be patient and teach them all I know. I have no doubt that becoming a mom has been the most rewarding experience in my life. I can say for a fact that I knew unconditional love.

I’ve been blessed with a loving mother who understood we were all unique human beings and we all had our paths to follow. Once she told me 'we love you and we’ve raised you the best we could, but you don’t belong to us, you belong to the world, you’ll have to find your own way'.

...I’d also like to talk about a very important issue, which is breastfeeding. It’s essential for the newborn and creates a bond between mother and her child. It’s a unique moment when the body changes to nurture; it’s the Nature’s blessing! Breastfeeding, mainly the first days, poses some challenges, but the reward is sublime. In addition to having all the proteins, fats, and vitamins the baby needs, breastfeeding is an act of love and affection.

It would be great if all the mothers could experience the breastfeeding."
How awesome is she?! I think I am a bona-fide fan now :) You can also follow Gisele on Twitter, and Like her on Facebook to keep up with her as she spreads her mama/baby/eco-friendly message.

No comments:

Post a Comment