Saturday, November 27, 2010

Birthday

Hi everyone, I hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend. Thank you so much for all of your warm wishes. I am really feeling the birthday love :)

I just had to pop by the blog to share a few highlights from my birthday celebrations yesterday. I had a wonderful day, and was shown a magical, romantic, fabulously New Yorky time.

Now, you all know that Taro doesn't play when it comes to the birthday-surprise-planning. This year was no exception. The day got off to a sweet start when the babies and I woke up to find a giant bouquet of flowers + balloons, as well as my hubby busily preparing a yummy breakfast at home. Our meal was delicious, everyone was in a spectacular mood, and I didn't have to lift a finger! While we ate I opened a few cards and gifts, and then Taro told me that I would need to be dressed up, "looking fly", and ready to go by 1 pm.

I dug around in my closet an actually found a vintage St. John knit dress that I haven't worn in forEVER, and instantly I knew I had to wear it since, you know, you can't get much more festive than by wearing an outfit with giant, spangled shoulder pads!

At 1, Taro took the kids to hang with grandma Riki, and swung back by our place to pick me up. Then it was off to the highlight of the day, a super-yummy meal at Asiate on the 35th floor of the Time Warner Center, at Columbus Circle.

20101126153826

Ohmygoodness, it was so luxurious and lovely and delicious! We had an incredible view of the park and the city, and it was fantastically wonderful to eat slowly and quietly and feel like adults.

We dined for two hours and by the end I felt like I had been on a mini vacation :)

Meanwhile, how cute is my husband?

On the way home, we strolled through the plaza at Lincoln Center, resplendent in the late-afternoon sunlight , and I couldn't help doing my own little impression of Cher from one of my favorite New York movies, Moonstruck:

Later, we picked up the kids, put them to bed, and stayed up eating leftover Thanksgiving pie while watching two great movies on Netflix instant download: Annie Hall and Jean-Michel Basquiat: Radiant Child.

All in all, it was the perfect New York birthday.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment