Monday, November 8, 2010

The King's Speech Premiere

Remember when I posted about this movie a little while back? Well, tonight Taro and I attended the New York Premiere, at the gorgeous Ziegfeld Theater.

The movie was beyond wonderful. Inspiring, funny, moving, educational, suspenseful. One of the best flicks I've seen in ages. Oh, and the Academy should just cut to the chase and give Mr. Firth his Best Actor Oscar already. His performance is freaking phenomenal. Unforgettable.

We had a glorious, glamorous time and I loved every moment of the film, but I have to say, the highlight of my evening was when we arrived home. We've never stayed out so late (10:30!) so the boys have never been put to bed by the sitter before. Well, we tiptoed in the door to find the two kiddos asleep, entwined in each other's arms in the bed.

It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen, and it gave me such a sense of peace and happiness to know that they have each other. The fact that they already rely on each other for comfort and security is just so beautiful. I love them so much individually, but the image of them cuddling and snoring in our absence really clarified my sense of loving them so much as a unit. And I know this is just the beginning of a lifetime of camaraderie and closeness. They are so lucky.

And I am luckier than both of them put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment