Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vegivore Vogue

I loved reading this feature in the current issue of New York Magazine. It makes the case that "vegetables are the new meat" and highlights the current trend towards fine-dining restaurants focusing on vegetables as the main event instead of relegating them to side dishes.

I am not a vegetarian, but I do love vegetables, and I try to keep them at the center of my diet while limiting the amount of meat I eat (for health and ecological reasons). I love the concept of vegivore as defined in the article:
"These chefs and their devoted clientele are less vegetarians than vegivores, a term that connotes fervid vegetable love rather than ardent meat hate"
Read the whole thing, here, and then drool over the accompanying list of fashionably veggie-centric NYC restaurants. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment