Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Belly, Week 20: What I Wore To The Gala

SO, due to popular demand I am posting the only photos I have so far of my outfit from Monday night.  The quality of the photos is pretty poor because I was rushing and didn't even have the time to set the self-timer or stand in decent light.  Plus, the 80-year-old mirror on my closet door is probably not the most clear/reflective surface to use as a tool for a self-portrait! Also, my hair was still kind of wet (I just let it air dry and then rubbed a little dollop of John Freida de-frizzing gel from the drug store into it).  The photo on the right shows the pair of black patent flats that I stuck in my bag for relief from those towering stilettos!  In the end, I only resorted to wearing the flats home, well after the party was over.  The Topshop booties were not so uncomfortable after all!

The dress I wore is by a designer named Dinna Soliman.  My best friend, Angel, knows Dinna and found this dress for me, which is actually a left-over sample from last season.  It is not designed as a maternity dress, but it could not have been more perfect or comfortable for rocking a belly-conscious look!  It is called a "convertible dress" and as you can see from this depiction of it on Dinna's website, it is a very versatile garment!  It is super stretchy and there are actually holes for the legs, enabling the wearer to scrunch it up on the body or leave it long and loose.  It could range from being below-the-knee, to a micro-mini just by ruching it up to the desired length!  

SO COOL!  I am totally a fan of this dress and I'm sure I will wear it often, while pregnant as well as after the baby comes.

The next photo shows the the necklace I wore, which I found at Anthropologie (for under $50!)  I fell in love with it the second I saw it, and knew that it would play off the turquoise accent on the shoes perfectly.  Alas, I wish the photos showed the way the facets on the beads created a really fun sparkle :)  Another piece that I bought for this occasion that will definitely be getting a lot of play, with everything from jeans to cute dresses!
   
And the last shot, which I include merely because it happens to showcase my manicure, of which I am so proud because I usually have the rattiest nails on earth.  Here they are looking uncharacteristically perfect, in OPI Lincoln Park After Dark.  

More Gala fun to be posted soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment