Friday, April 24, 2009

The Belly, Week 21

This is really towards the end of week 21, but I've been too busy until now to stop and document the Belly.  

The baby continues to assert itself, dancing around enough to rival the in-utero gymnastics of its older brother, circa early 2007.  The fetal Kiddo was so active that I once responded to his constant kicking by spontaneously creating a punk-inspired mini-verse, which went like this:

My spleen is not a trampoline/yeah, yeah, yeah!

I'm not much of a lyricist, so that was pretty much it, I just found myself singing those few words over and over again whenever I would feel a particularly aggressive series of kicks.  Anyway, I think it might be time to start reprising that song...maybe I can add an extra verse.

I'm wearing an old (non-maternity) dress from the Gap layered over one of my trusty Boob tanks, and my new Steve Madden gladiator sandals.  It's 70 degrees outside today!  I can wear sandals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment