Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This Week in Classic Cinema: Modern Times

For the second week in a row, we visited our friends Corie and Micha'el and enjoyed watching a silent film classic projected on their living-room wall, movie-theater style. This time, they introduced us to Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times.

We loved it, and I was particularly wowed by the female lead, Paulette Goddard in the role of the Gamin. Besides being shockingly gorgeous, her face and style was the most fresh and modern thing about the film. She could be a young hollywood starlet of today! I have to admit, now I'm a little bit obsessed with her, so of course I had to research a bit (hello, Google!) and I found out that she and Chaplin were a real-life couple. How fantastic and sexy do they look in that photo, above?

Here's a delightfully genius sequence from Modern Times:

No comments:

Post a Comment