Monday, September 13, 2010

Guest Post: Anne from The City Sage on Outfit to Room, Kiddo Edition

Tiny clothes make me squeal. I've earn more than my fair share of concerned glances when I go to Gap Kids. Problem: I have neither children of my own nor gullible friends who will let me overhaul their offsprings' wardrobes. Solution: Cook up some Outfit to Room action with the fall line-up from Crewcuts!

In lieu of spending $118 on a cashmere cardigan for a growing wee one, I'll just imagine how adorable it would look crumpled on the floor of this charming bedroom. Navy and brown feels positively girly when you toss in a ruffle or two.

A nubby wool peacoat and mustard hoodie have retro appeal--like a hipper version of that bespectacled kid from A Christmas Story. Original Art Deco wood furniture--complete with scuffs and scratches--makes for a boy's space with authentic cool. No plastic toys need apply.

How many iterations of blue and orange will we see before it no longer feels fresh? For me the combination is still going strong--whether it's midnight and saffron or aqua and tangerine. Mix in stripes, checks and embroidered florals for a textural party to which everyone is invited!

P.S. (From Leigh): If you love pretty, inspirational blogs that provide enough eyecandy for a daily overdose of amazing, than you probably already know about Anne. If you don't, make sure to bookmark The City Sage immediately. Like, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment