Monday, September 13, 2010

Guest Post: Anne of Tralalère on Photographer Phillip Toledano

Photo by Phillip Toledano

Hello everyone! I’m Anne, I live in France, I’m a mother of two and I blog here. I am very happy and honored to be guest posting at Marvelous Kiddo today. Thank you very much for thinking of me, Leigh!

Today, I wanted to share with you a beautiful story about fatherhood told by the photographer Phillip Toledano.

I was introduced to his work last year, through his poignant project called Days with my Father, in which he documented the three last years of his father’s life.

With this new project called The Reluctant Father, Phillip Toledano talks about how difficult it was for him to become a father when his daughter Loulou was born.

Photograph after photograph, he invites us to witness his journey to fatherhood.

The first pictures show really well how hard it was for him to make an emotional connection with his child. Then, very subtly, you can notice the evolution of his feelings towards his child through the photos he takes : the angles he chooses are different, the light gets softer…. It is a really moving and sweet story.

Enjoy and have a beautiful day !

P.S. (From Leigh): I first discovered Anne's blog when this amazing video of her adorable (and wonderfully imaginative) daughter, Capucine, went viral. I've been hooked ever since. It always makes my day better and puts a great big smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment