Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Mama Milestone

So, something kind of big just happened.
Taro and the Kiddo just left home about a half hour ago.
They're going to Florida for a few days (they'll be back on Sunday).
Tonight will be the first time the Kiddo and I have spent a night apart since he was born 25 months ago.
So it's kind of intense.
Ever since we hatched this plan for a fun father-son getaway a couple of weeks ago, Taro and I have been excited, but also more than a little bit nervous about what the experience would be like for the Kiddo.  Would he be emotionally traumatized?  Would there be crying and wailing and sobs from him as they try to leave me?  
Well. 
Let's just say that after we shared a very sweet and tender and happy "goodbye," the Kiddo leapt into his dad's arms and waved to me as they got into the cab.
I kept it together until the car was out of sight, 
until I was inside our building, 
until I was on and then off the elevator,
until I had turned the key in our lock, 
until the door was closed.
And then I fell to pieces.  
We're talking desperate, hugging-a-pillow sobs.  
I'm not really a crier.  I didn't know I had that in me!
But boy do I miss them already.
Now look who's emotionally traumatized ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment