Friday, July 24, 2009

Notes From a Staycation

Thank you all so much for your amazing comments of support and empathy on my last post! I have such sweet readers :)

So: after I got myself together yesterday, I had a wonderful day. So did the guys. I kept getting jubilant texts from Taro describing all the fun they were having on the trip, and that made me really happy.

I started to feel that relaxed yet exhilarated vacation-y feeling...like the world, (or at least New York City) was my oyster.

I took a nice long shower.

I bought a magazine and a little journal for notes and inspirations.

I ate a very long and leisurely lunch at a sweet little cafe and savored a delicious iced decaf cappuccino.

On a lark, I went to an Apple Store and took a free class (intro to iMovie -- watch out Martin Scorsese!)

I came home, ordered pizza, watched a movie.  

I talked on the phone and Skype to Taro and the Kiddo, and was comforted to see their smiling faces.

I did have trouble falling asleep :)  It was just so surreal to be all by myself in the bed.  I could hear my breath coming out of my nostrils, it was so quiet.

This morning I talked to the guys again, and not only did they have a good night, but they're off and running with their first full day of Florida fun.  So all is well.

Looking forward to the rest of my day...

Remember this?  Well, seven months later, I'm going to be taking a sewing class this afternoon! 

I can't wait.

Maybe afterwards I'll catch a movie in the theatre.  Any recommendations?

I'll keep you posted!  XOXO.

Photo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment