Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Jazz on the Great Hill

With Taro out of town for work until tomorrow, the Kiddo and I decided to spend our Saturday relaxing in the park.  A little before noon, we met Riki near one of our favorite spots, a tranquil little pond with ducks and willow trees a few blocks from our apartment.  We were soon joined by some friends and we all proceeded over to the Great Hill for this event:
The music was fantastic and the weather could not have been more pleasant, so we enjoyed laying out and picnicking for the rest of the afternoon.  During that time, the Kiddo befriended a couple of sweet siblings, Jack and Cecilia, and the three of them happily hung out, sketching, dancing, and playing catch.  (The next two photos by Riki):
The only thing marring our otherwise blissful afternoon was the absence of Taro :(  We can't wait to see him again tomorrow for the first time since Thursday!

I can't resist adding this shot I snapped of a gorgeous duo that I spotted at the concert.  The mom had great style (notice the cute hat!) and was wearing her adorable baby in a seriously fab wrap.  I was impressed, and also inspired...I'm thinking I should start a new blog feature, called Street Style: Babywearing Edition and start photographing all the cool babywearing mamas I see around town.  Food for thought...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment