Thursday, July 30, 2009

We Were All Marvelous Kiddos: Vintage Baby Photos, Part 2

Thanks to all who continue to enter!  I think I will have to make this a regular feature :)

Today's first photo was sent in by Katherine Gooch-Breault, who said,
"My folks had a baby photo shoot and I think it is just so funny that someone propped me up in such an adult pose at not-quite-three-months old. It's probably more that I needed the help keeping my head up!"

Anne Sage, author of the always-lovely blog The City Sage, sent in these two adorable photos from her childhood (I am in awe of that perfect little clown costume!):

Meanwhile, my mom and mother-in-law continue to provide me with eerily similar photos of their early years!  The next one is of Riki and her mom, Nanette, on the beach.  The one after that is of Martha and her dad, Wiley, and brother Chuck, also on the beach!  I love how glam their parents are in these photos.  The Kiddo has some smokin' hot great-grandparents!

I adore this cute little baby-photo collage submitted by Nell of Casual Friday Everyday.  Nell writes, "I look back on these pictures with such love and gratitude to my Mother. Even in the midst of the chaotic life we lived, I remember my childhood with such fondness because of her love and calming spirit."

One of our dearest friends, Stephanie Marshall, recently gave birth to her first child, and she blogs about their exploits at Wild About Baby.  Here are two amazing and sweet photos that Stephanie sent me for this post:
About the images, Stephanie said, "the first picture is of me & my Mom. I just love the sentiment between us, the beginning of our extremely close, loving relationship. Plus I love how young my Mom is, not to mention her mod 60's style (and check out my crocheted pullover)...Even though I am not featured in [the second photo]...I thought you would appreciate it, and I love it. It's my Great-Grandmother holding my Grandmother. My Great-Grandmother was an awesome record-keeper & wrote on the back of all her photos, which I so appreciate. She wrote on the back of this photo to her mother: '6 weeks old', which would date the photo late June 1913. Check out the style!"

Next, we have a glorious example of father-daughter camaraderie, sent in by Mrs. Boo Radley, of Just Like Camping.  I love love love the skill set she's developing at such a young age!  Here's what Mrs. Boo had to say about the photo: "Here I am...with my dad...fixing farm machinery! I practically grew up outdoors, chasing chickens with grandma, picking berries with grandpa, and of course, tagging along with my dad and "helping" wherever I could."

My New York City babywearing friend, Nancy Groves, didn't have any readily available baby photos of herself to send in, so she sent these irresistible photos of her parents as babies, circa the 1940's:

And now, last but not least for today, here are two fabulous shots sent in by Katie Richards of Where is Tumbkin?:
"[The first one] is a picture of myself when I was two and just waking up from a nap.  Just seeing that sleepy face makes me want to hug that little girl.  I thought you might get a kick out of [the second] one as well. This is a picture of me, my mom and my dad.  My dad was pinching my mom's bottom -- note her expression!"

I had so much fun receiving all the photos for these posts, and I am beyond excited that everyone seems to love this idea!  I'm serious about starting a regular feature, so if you have any more vintage baby photos, send 'em my way!  XOXO, Leigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment