Saturday, July 25, 2009

Souvenirs

First, we have the little wallet I made yesterday at the sewing class...
The class was called "Intro to Sewing Machine" so we mostly learned how to thread a machine and wind a bobbin and the project was very simple and basic.  Still, I don't think I've ever done a sewing project from start to finish before, so it was very fun and satisfying to walk away with this cute little (imperfect) pouch.

Second, we have three colorful bangles made from recycled materials that I picked up yesterday at Sustainable NYC...
Third, we have the funky little cropped jacket by Alexander Wang for the Gap, which I scored today for only thirty bucks (marked down from $88!)...
Over the last two days, my adventures have also included:

Going to see a movie.  I decided on Public Enemies, because I was helpless to resist the opportunity to stare at Johnny Depp for two hours, lol.  Turns out, I fell in love with Marion Cotillard too!  She was gorgeous and her performance was really intense.  The costumes and production design were fantastic, as well -- seemingly spot-on for the period and yet also incredibly chic by today's standards.  I kind of zoned out during all the shooting, but nonetheless enjoyed the film a lot.
Going to a spa.  Seizing an opportunity that perhaps will not arise again for years, I took advantage of all this alone time and signed up for a discounted package that included a mani-pedi, a relaxation facial, and a prenatal massage.  Also, there was a sip of champagne and a piece of chocolate at the end.  Heaven.

Going to a Museum.  Today I met dear Joanna at the MoMA for a light lunch and hours of wandering around the galleries gabbing our heads off.  Here and there we checked out the art, which included the amazing work of Song Dong.  Read about his incredible installation, here. (Photo by Todd Heisler for the New York Times).
So, as you can see, it has been an absolutely marvelous staycation, all the more renewing because of the frequent updates I've been getting from Florida, in which Taro and the Kiddo have related all the fun they're having.

Still, I absolutely cannot wait to have both of them in my arms again.  Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment